As a valued member of our business community, you are invited to learn more about The Evolving Workforce in a series of three FREE professional development presentations.
All sessions run from 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.. Check-in begins at 7:30 a.m.
Nov 12: Military Culture Sensitivity will focus on our veteran population. This series is presented at Fairfield Career Center, 3985 Coonpath Rd NW, Carroll, OH.
Benefits of this training include:
- Understanding demographic characteristics and subcultures of Service members
- Learn the differences and similarities between Active and Reserve components
- Distinguish key differences in military and civilian cultures
- Appreciate how Veterans strengthen the civilian workforce and how being "Veteran-Friendly" differs from being "Veteran-Ready"
- Receive insight into the myths and misconceptions that stigmatize Veteran's
- Become familiar with common post-military transition challenges and how to be supportive
- Learn how to connect with Veterans and statements that are helpful and not helpful
- Be able to recognize key military terms
Lt. Col. (Ret) Kathy Lowery Gallowitz, Vanguard Veteran LLC
REGISTER for Military Culture Sensitivity