As we begin planning for the school year, we are sharing information that has been developed over the weeks of listening and learning from our staff members, our community leaders, health experts, state leaders, and more. We are happy to look forward to the new school year with our RESTART PLAN AND GUIDANCE. The Eastland-Fairfield Board of Education will review this plan at its July 15, 2020, regular meeting.
“The health and safety of our students and staff, and ensuring that we provide a rigorous and high-quality education for all students, are our highest priorities. This plan has been developed over the past few weeks as we listened and learned from staff members, community leaders, health experts, state leaders, and more,” said Bonnie Hopkins, superintendent of Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools.
The district has developed three plans to follow for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Plan A is face-to-face teaching and learning where all students and staff are on campuses following a five-day-a-week, regular schedule.
- Plan B includes both face-to-face and online learning. Students would follow an alternating schedule with one week of face-to-face learning followed by a week of online learning. Seniors will be on campus one week and juniors would be on campus the following week. Extended career-technical lab time will be provided.
- Plan C is a 100% online learning model. Consideration for full closure of campuses will be based on the health and safety of all students and staff and may be based on recommendations by the state of Ohio, the CDC, and health departments.
As of July 30, 2020, Eastland Career Center and Fairfield Career Center will follow Plan C.
Satellite students will be expected to follow the guidelines and plans established by the high school in which the program is located. Eastland-Fairfield has satellite programs located at Clark Hall in Gahanna Jefferson Public Schools, at Pickerington High School North, at Reynoldsburg High School Livingston Campus, at New Albany High School, and at Groveport Madison High School. They also have satellite programs located off-site (ProjectSEARCH, Employability Prep), and those students will follow the guidelines and plans of each respective site.
The 2020-2021 academic calendar remains as originally approved, but the days that students report has been modified in order to ensure social distancing. Returning seniors and students in the Auto Body and Paint program and the Nail Services program begin classes on August 13, 2020. New students (incoming juniors) are invited to their respective campuses on August 11, 2020, for Back-to-School Night orientation activitie under strict safety guidelines. Learn more about Back-to-School Night and get registered.
Incoming juniors will then officially begin classes on Monday, August 17.
“It is important that we all understand that this Restart Plan will be ever-evolving due to the rapidly changing dynamics associated with this global pandemic,” offered Hopkins. “We remain committed to doing what we do best: providing a high-quality career-technical education experience that will prepare our students for the workplace and continuing to learn. Likewise, we will honor health and safety regulations and suggestions by our public health officials.”
- Restart Student Plan
- Back-to-School Information & To-Do's
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Restart Health & Safety Protocols
- Links to Associate School Information
- Staff Contact Directory
- Health Resources
With that in mind, we ask that you stay connected to keep up-to-date and also feel free to provide feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org