Frequently Asked Questions


Q: Is Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools Adult Workforce Development (EFCTS-AWD) accredited? 
A: Eastland-Fairfield Career and Technical Schools Adult Workforce Development (EFCTS-AWD) is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE). 
Q: Who can enroll in class?
A: Students must be at least 18 years of age, at least 21 years of age for the Basic Police Officer Training program. They must also have a high school diploma, or GED/high school equivalency certificate; homeschooled students must contact the Student Services Office for instructions on required documentation. 

Q: How do I register for classes?
 Click here for more information.

Q: Do you offer online classes? 
We do not currently offer online or hybrid courses. 
Q: Do students receive certifications or certificates of completion for attending class?
A: All full-time programs at EFCTS-AWD allow students the opportunity to earn industry recognized credentials.

Q: What are the deadlines for registering for classes?
A: Register as soon as possible after you decide which course you would like to take. Space is limited in many of our classes. 


Q: Can I obtain financial aid to attend EFCTS-AWD? 
A: Financial aid is available through a variety of sources for qualified individuals in full-time programs. 


Q: Is career counseling available?
A: A certified counselor is on staff to provide assistance with barrier intervention and guidance. Click here for more information.


Q:Does EFCTS-AWD offer high school equivalency testing? 
A: For information about test locations and registration visit the 
High School Equivalency Testing page or call (614) 836-4541.


Q:How do I register for career and college preparation, and high school equivalency preparation courses? 
A: Visit the ASPIRE page, or call (614) 836-4541 for more information. 


Q: Do you provide transportation?
A: Students must provide their own transportation. Contact COTA for bus route information.


Q: What is the refund policy?
A: If it is necessary to withdraw from a full-time credentialled (600 or more clock hours) program, immediately notify the Eastland-Fairfield Adult Workforce Development Center Office Student Services at 614-836-4541. 

The amount charged for withdrawal from a full-time credentialed program is determined by the number of scheduled days enrolled. After the tenth day that the class was scheduled to meet, students owe 100% of the tuition and fees, plus the cost of books and supplies received from the school. Prior to the eleventh day of scheduled class, the amount owed is shown in the following table.


Scheduled Days Enrolled 

1 day - no cost

2 -5 days - books and supplies requested from school 

6 - 10 days - 50% of tuition and fees, plus books and supplies requested from school

11+ days - 100% of tuition and fees, plus books and supplies requested from school 


Refunds for cancellation and withdrawal from institutional courses (less than 600 clock hours) will be processed as shown below: 

  • A full refund will be issued if the school cancels the course.
  • Full refund, minus $20 processing fee - Students must withdraw in writing no later than five working days prior to the first scheduled class date.
  • 50% refund - Students must withdraw in writing prior to the second scheduled class date. 

Refunds of payments received by cash, check or money order will be paid by mailed check, to the payer of said payment. Payments made by Visa or MasterCard will be refunded to the same Visa or MasterCard account. Refunds, when due, are processed without requiring a request from the student within 45 days of cancellation or determination of withdrawal.

Q: How may I request a copy of your catalog?
A: Fill out the online Request More Information Form


Q: How may I request a copy of my transcript?
A: To request a copy of your transcript for any previous Eastland-Fairfield full-time training programs, please fill out the Transcript Request Form

Q: What are the qualifications for becoming an instructor for Eastland-Fairfield Adult Training?
A: Adult Training instructors must meet certification requirements set by the state of Ohio. In doing so, they receive a one-year certificate that enables them to teach at a particular school system.
 Generally, Adult Workforce Development instructors must:

  • Have a minimum of seven years experience in the area they will be teaching.
  • Provide proof of a negative TB test result. (if applicable)
  • Pass a background check by the Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
  • Participate in professional development courses and seminars.

Click here to view job openings and to apply.

Information Night

Thursday, April 28, 2022
Eastland Career Center (Multi-Purpose Room)
6:30 p.m.
View text-based website