1. Verify Students: Students from last year’s application and PaySchools Central will be listed.
2. Data regarding your student will be shown, including student ID, district name, grade, and school name.
In addition, if your student is already directly certified from an outside government program such as SNAP, TANF, FDPIR, this will be identified in this section. This is done directly from the State program to your school district and there is nothing needed on your side.
3. You can remove students with the X icon in the top right corner of each student box.
4. Click ADD STUDENTS if you need to add additional students.
5. Select “is this a Foster Child?” for any students in your household who are fostered in your household. You will not enter any income or additional details for the student, but they will be part of your family count and will affect your determination.
6. Continue to the next step by selecting Continue or click Back to return to the last step.
7. Use the Save and Go to my PaySchools Central Dashboard link to save the application and return to PaySchools Central.
8. Directly Certified Students:
- If all your students are directly certified by the state, you will be informed and directed to the disclosure options to allow or prohibit sharing of your meal status for other departments. Disclosing this information can reduce the amount of money owed on school fees.
- If some, but not all of your students are directly certified:
- You can extend that benefit to the other children on your application either individually or by using the Extend To ALL option to select all students currently on your application.
- If you extend benefits to ALL students on your application, you will also be redirected to the disclosure options to allow or disallow sharing of your meal status for other departments which can reduce the amount owed on school fees if your schools allow.
NOTE: Foster students will NOT be on this list, as they are verified by the state in a different manner than direct certification.
9. Student Assistance: If your student is NOT directly certified, you will need to enter assistance details or income.
10. If they are NOT part of a state assistance program, choose “None of These.”
- Choose whether they are a Special Situation. If they have a Special situation, choose the option from the dropdown: homeless, migrant, or runaway.
11. If they ARE part of a state assistance program, choose the option from the dropdown (TANF, SNAP, FDPIR).
- Enter their case number provided by the state.
- Select Next to go to the next step or click Back to return to the last step.
12. If the student has income, select the income box to display the income fields.
13. Enter income from work, welfare/child support/alimony gross), and the frequency of the income from the drop-down.
14. Enter income from pension retirement, SSI, VA, SS (after taxes).
15. Enter other income that was NOT entered from the above such as PFD in Alaska (after taxes).
16. You MUST complete the amount field for each income type you select in order for the Next button to be enabled.
17. Continue to the next step by clicking Next.