In May of 2021, Eastland-Fairfield Career & Technical Schools (EFCTS) selected Rice Education Consulting (REdCon) to develop a three- to five-year strategic plan after a competitive bid process.
The goals of the plan are to:
- provide a strategic “North Star” to ensure continued growth in EFCTS’s areas of strength: large footprint, business partnerships, and flexibility with and responsiveness to community needs; and,
- provide strategies and actions to assist the district in improving equity and inclusion, long-term decision-making, adult programming, and branding.
Leadership desires a plan of diverse voices to be developed with input from a variety of stakeholders: district leadership, staff, students, parents, and community partners.
To execute this charge, REdCon, with the alignment of EFCTS, developed a three-phase process that:
- aligns with the purpose of the plan,
- enables candid feedback on the strengths and growth opportunities for EFCTS,
- promotes the sharing of ideas for EFCTS improvement, and
- prioritizes strategic initiatives for implementation over the next three to five years.
The plan is regularly evaluated and progress is presented to the Board of Education in January and June, each year. Key actions are updated, annually, based on progress and presented to the Board of Education for its approval. The following links provide an overview of the 2022-23 plan.
Each pillar is accompanied by goals with objectives, strategies, and metrics directly tied to the accomplishment of each goal.
This plan will function as a strategic guide that anchors key actions of the district, providing a solid base for the lifespan of this strategic plan, while the district and its various stakeholders continue to adapt to our dynamic world.